Last visit was:

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:47 pm

The little fig tree

Kick back, relax, and chat about anything you want.

The little fig tree

Postby Carina Rei » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:05 am

It had a couple of years when we brought it home without leaves and a half dried fig. But with the warmth it quickly began to sprout new leaves and fig fell. The leaves grew big, too big for the small sprigs of the bonsai. It became very nice and, as the branches also strengthened, we had to take the wires away, it was made by my son at his Christmas holidays.

But winter came very cold and gradually the leaves were turning yellow, then brown and finally they fell, leaving almost naked twigs again. It looked very sad, that little fig tree with a few yellow leaves, which were about to fall too. We continued watering it every day, as directed by the person who had given it to me, always leaving the soil moist. And it thanked us because a month ago some small green leaves came back out and also a little fig, the leaves no longer grew so big. The little fig tree has become accustomed to the climate of it new home.

We say that you can not transplant an old tree, referring to people and there is truth in it.
While we are young we are flexible as new branches, we easily adapt to new environments, change jobs, we are open to new friendships, even going abroad to work if we get an offer. But as we get older and our roots as the trees go deeper, it becomes very difficult to transplant us. We are rooted in our comfortable homes in the familiar environment, our daily routine, our friends and neighbors. Humans have much in common with trees, more than what we believe.

The other day I read on Facebook:
"When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You appreciate it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You’re too this, or I’m too this.’ That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are."
Ram Dass

And I go further, there is another phrase, which is: that we have to water friendship regularly, otherwise it dries as trees. Although there are times that even though we water, try to maintain contact, the other person does not have time, and here intervenes another phrase that I liked "there is no lack of time, but lack of interest" so here, why to continue investing our time into something without future, we have to accept reality without judgment and open our eyes, there sure are many trees around us interested in our friendship, and maybe there is still something new to know and appreciate.

Carina

Puedes leer este artículo en español aquí
http://entrenandoaikido.com/la-pequena-higuera/

Bitte lesen diesen Artikel hier auf Deutsch
http://wirtrainierenaikido.com/der-kleine-feigenbaum/
Carina Rei

Return to Open Topics